Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fruit and Meat For Breakfast



Another tasty little breakfast that my hubbie really enjoyed!  The dark purple grapes were some of the sweetest grapes I've ever had - tasted just like grape juice!   Thanks Farm Fresh!

The Meat
- 2-3 pieces of bacon
- 2 breakfast links,
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper, basil to taste

The Veggies
- 1/2 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced

The Fruit
- 4-6 large chunks of musk melon
- 12-15 grapes

I always start cooking the breakfast links first, since they take the longest to prepare.  I make the entire breakfast on the same griddle pan, using high heat to cook the meat and medium heat for the eggs.

After the links have been cooking a few minutes, roll them over and then add the bacon to the pan.  Flip the strips of bacon after 2-3 minutes and cook until crispy.  Make sure to save the grease for future meals!

After I remove the bacon from the griddle pan, I lower the heat to medium and cooked the eggs over easy.  It only takes 2-3 minutes for the egg to be solid enough to flip, and I usually only let it cook on my "easy" side approximately 30 seconds before removing from heat. While I cooked the eggs, I also cooked the sliced tomato and onions in some of the leftover grease, making sure the onions got soft and full of flavor, around 3 minutes.  


I plated the eggs and meat and put my heaping serving of grapes and melon onto the plate also.  YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment