My husband loves bringing his salads to work. He eats lunch in a local park and always texts me to tell me how much he loves his salads to go. They are so easy to make, they only take me around 15 minutes in the morning to prep.
- 1 lemon chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 pear, chopped
- 1/3 heirloom tomato, chopped
- a small handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, dill to taste
First slice the sausage raw and cook the pieces on a griddle pan, around 4-5 minutes, turning them so they cook evenly. While they cook, you can start to chop your veggies.
Put the spinach, lettuce, and arugula in the main section of your Sistema Klip It Salad Box, and then put the meat on top of the lettuce. Organize all the toppings on the upper section, so that way your salad veggies will stay fresh and your lettuce won't wilt. Mix together the dressing in a little bowl and pour it into the dressing container. Clip shut the container and off you go!