The combination of bacon grease and butter makes this meal so tasty. Indulge in delicious fats!
- 2 fillets of boneless, skinless salmon
- salt, pepper, dill to taste
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease for frying
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- green onion, diced for topping
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, dill to taste
- 2-3 turnips, thinly sliced and cut
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 Padron peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- salt, pepper, dill, basil to taste
- 1/2 heirloom tomato, sliced
- fresh mozzarella to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt, pepper, basil, oregano to taste
Begin by dicing the veggies and putting them in a large pan. Add the bacon grease, season everything, and bring the heat up to medium. Saute all the veggies for around 15 minutes, until the turnips and zucchini are soft.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, and cook the chopped garlic until it is soft and has brown edges. Add the salt, dill, and lemon juice, and bring it down to a low heat to let all the flavors meld together.
Cook the salmon on a griddle pan, using high heat. Season the salmon while the bacon grease warms up in the pan. Sear each side of the salmon, a minute per side, and sprinkle the seared sides with the lemon juice before letting them sit longer, around 4-5 minutes per side. The salmon should be pinkish, opaque, and flake apart with a fork. Watch it so it doesn't overcook and dry out.
Toss the mozzarella and tomato in oil and the seasonings, then add them to the vegetables.
Put the cooked vegetables on the plates and place the salmon next to/somewhat on top of them. Drizzle the salmon liberally with the lemon butter and garnish the dish with the diced green onion. Enjoy!