Friday, August 19, 2011

A Favorite Simple Dessert

Giving up ice cream was tough, until I discovered Greek yogurt.  Now I use it as my base whenever I want a sweet treat.  

The Dessert
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup grapes, sliced
- 1/4 cup watermelon, cubed

Layer all the ingredients - I did the watermelon on the bottom, with yogurt, then honey, then grapes, then more yogurt, then more honey, and last the blueberries.  It makes the presentation fun.  I use my noshing cups to serve this dessert because they are the perfect portion size. 


You can make all sorts of varieties of this dessert - any fruit will do, and nuts are a great addition.  We often put in cashews, walnuts, or pecans, those nuts in particular go well with the honey.  You could also swap out the honey for maple syrup if you wanted, or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top.  It's all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment