Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Sweet Little Sunday Lunch

The weekends always mean great food for us.  This is a pretty typical Sunday lunch.  It's light and full of protein and plays up a lot of enjoyable tastes for us.  I purchased some delicious lemon chicken sausages at my grocery store.  We looove them.  Also, we went to our farmers' market this morning and picked up an amazing Galia melon.  It is SO sweet and juicy and omnomnom delicious.  I had to include some of it in lunch today. 


The Meat
- 2 lemon chicken sausages

The Veggies
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 large slicing tomato, sliced (duh)
- salt, pepper, basil to taste
- parmesan (as much as you want)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil

The Fruit
- 4 slices of Galia melon 

I cooked up the sausages on my griddle pan for around 15 minutes until the outsides were all crispy brown and greased up, and when I cut them open they were cooked all the way through. 

While the sausages were cooking, I made a small spinach salad and tossed it with the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil.  I melted some parmesan over the tomato slices and spiced them with pepper, salt, and basil.  

I put all the components of the meal on plates and let the flavors speak for themselves.  




No comments:

Post a Comment