Friday, August 12, 2011

Honey Pecan Roasted Chicken Delight!

Oh my goodness, this chicken is delicious.  It is gooey, sweet, crunchy, and the chicken is moist and tender.  You could alternatively use chicken breasts if you didn't want to deal with the bones in the legs and thighs.




The Meat
- 2 bone-in chicken legs & thighs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- sea salt to taste

The Veggies
- 1 cup fresh green beans, ends cut
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup red onion, largely sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease, softened

Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.

Place your chicken on a baking pan and sprinkle it generously with sea salt.  Split the butter into four parts.  Dot one part of butter on each piece of chicken and cook it for 25 minutes.  After 25 minutes, take the chicken out briefly and cover it with the honey, the rest of the butter, and the chopped pecans.  Pop the chicken back into the oven for 5 more minutes so the pecans are all toasty and amazing.  Omnomnomnom.

I boiled the green beans in the water for 20 minutes.  I threw in a pinch of salt and left them plain since the chicken is so good.  I drained the pot and that was it.




I brushed the veggies with some softened butter and bacon grease, then grilled the squash, onion, and mushrooms on my griddler.  I grilled them on medium for around 10 minutes, and then they were soft and wonderful.




I truly enjoyed making this meal and also eating it.  I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment