Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Over Easy Eggs + Chipotle Jack Cheese = A Fabulous Breakfast

We love eating over easy eggs for breakfast.  We dip our bacon into the gooey yolks and the addition of the chipotle spice in the cheese is faaaaabulous.


The Meats
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 breakfast link sausages
- 4 eggs
- salt, pepper, dill to taste

The Garnishes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 12 slices of chipotle jack cheese

The Fruit
- 6-7 strawberries, tops sliced off
- 2 spoonfuls of sliced Galia melon

I fried up the bacon and sausages on my griddle pan at high heat until they were cooked through (around 10 minutes for the sausages, turning them every few minutes).  I cook the bacon for around 6-7 minutes, turning them every two minutes, so they are slightly crispy and crunchy but not overly so.

While the meat is cooking I slice off the tops of the strawberries and arrange the fruit on the plates.  Once the fruit is on the plate and the meat is cooked I quickly break the eggs onto the pan so they can soak up some of the delicious bacon and breakfast link sausage grease.  I season the eggs and after around 1-2 minutes I flip them over briefly to cook the other side for a quick second.  Then they get put onto the plates and the slices of cheese and onion go on top.  

Again, I say...faaaaaabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment