Monday, August 15, 2011

Pork Cutlets With Milk Gravy

Pork cutlets taste good.  You can make them with almost any kind of sauce and they will still taste good.  Despite being thin, they are juicy and flavorful if you don't overcook them.  I seared them on my griddle pan then simmered them in milk with bouillon and mushrooms.  I paired the pork with a great vegetable medley.


The Meat
- 6 slices of thin cut pork cutlets
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease
- salt, pepper, marjoram, basil, thyme to taste

The Vegetables
- 1 yellow heirloom carrot, sliced
- 1 orange heirloom carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans, cut
- 2 golden beets, cubed
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup water plus 1/4 cup water
- salt, pepper, to taste

The Sauce
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pan drippings
- salt, pepper, marjoram to taste

This is a pretty straightforward dinner.  First I boiled the beets, green beans, and carrots for 20 minutes on high heat, then lowered the heat and added the extra water, red onion, and spinach. 



I sauteed up the mushrooms with the butter for a quick minute then added the milk and bouillon, stirring regularly to ensure everything mixed together thoroughly.  I added the seasonings and simmered for 15 minutes, then tossed in the drippings after the meat was cooked.  


I cooked the meat on my griddle pan for a few minutes on each side and then let them simmer in the gravy for a minute or two each before serving them.  I tossed the rest of the gravy through the veggies for some extra flavorings and served everything together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment